: the sense-world of manifold phenomena held in Vedanta to conceal the unity of absolute being; broadly ILLUSION
: Town, with ruins of an ancient city, eastern Greece. Famous as the site of the Eleusinian Mysteries, it is about 14 mi (23 km) west of Athens. It was independent until the 7th century BC, when Athens annexed the city and made the Eleusinian Mysteries a major Athenian religious festival. The Gothic leader Alaric destroyed Eleusis in AD 395. Deserted until the 18th century, it was revived as the modern town of Eleusis (Greek Lepsina), now a suburb of Athens. Some of the ruins have been excavated, including the Hall of Initiation, which dates back some 3,000 years to late Mycenaean times.
The Eleusinian Mysteries (Greek: Ἐλευσίνια Μυστήρια) were initiation ceremonies held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece.They are the "most famous of the secret religious rites of ancient Greece.
" The mysteries represented the myth of the abduction of Persephone from her mother Demeter by the king of the underworld Hades, in a cycle with three phases, the "descent" (loss), the "search" and the "ascent", with the main theme the "ascent" of Persephone and the reunion with her mother."
1. The Descent (Loss) - The idea of Birth, emerging from the womb into the Matrix (The Underworld)
Loss of Memory - you become a blank slate. Forget that you are an immortal being with powers of manifestation.
I also think of it as The Sacrifice. You know how people were always having to make a sacrifice of some sort of meat (symbolic of the good stuff, knowledge) to the gods?
2. The Search - Trying to navigate and understand the World you seem to be inhabiting, playing the game, school, work, relationships, etc...
Why am I here? Society, Morality, Religion, Science, and Philosophy,
3. The Ascent - The lifting of the veil, Revelation, Remembrance, Ah ha.
Winning the Game. Usually requires a "death" experience first but it's not a necessity.
To participate in these mysteries one had to swear a vow of secrecy.
Four categories of people participated in the Eleusinian Mysteries:
- Priests, priestesses, and hierophants.
- Initiates, undergoing the ceremony for the first time.
- Others who had already participated at least once*. They were eligible for the fourth category.
- Those who had attained épopteia (Greek: ἐποπτεία) (English: "contemplation"), who had learned the secrets of the greatest mysteries of Demeter.
The One Who Makes the Seeds (Ideas, Thoughts) Grow (Materialize).
Meter = Matter
Our opponent in this game/reality show. The one who is always listening and creating what you expect to get.
What do you want to happen today? Miracles? Wonderful surprises and fun experiences? Or do you believe that's just wishful thinking 'cause you're only going to get another day older and deeper in debt?
What do you believe is possible?
"But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."